We love potatoes of all shapes, sizes, and forms. Why not turn our favorite side into a sweet but healthy treat?
Hasselback spuds are brilliant–you have several pockets for your seasonings to reach, it’s not just about the outside anymore. The possibilities are endless!
For these sweet potatoes you will need:
- 2 Medium sweet potatoes
- 4 tbsp Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ C Brown sugar
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ C Pecans from Second Nature Snacks Dark Chocolate Medley
- Preheat oven to 425. Wash potatoes
- With a sharp knife, cut the bottom off one side of the sweet potatoes to make it easier to slice.
- Cut slits ⅔ of the way down the potato, being cautious not to cut all the way through. (You may want to get some back up potatoes if this is your first try!)
- In a small bowl mix the oil, butter, salt and pepper. Brush the potatoes with the mixture, getting between the cuts.
- Bake on a lined baking sheet for 50 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking, remove potatoes from the oven and open slits with a fork.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop pecans and combine with brown sugar.
- Sprinkle over potatoes when finished baking. Return to oven for 10 more minutes.
Not sweet enough for you? Try topping with mini marshmallows and baking for an additional 2 minutes until marshmallows get golden brown around the edges.