You’ve probably visited the ice cream shop a few times this summer by now. An indulgent treat is great every once in awhile, but wouldn’t it be nice to have one without the guilt?
You can totally enjoy a creamy, icy treat that has a lot less sugar but all the flavor. The secret? Frozen bananas!
For this recipe you will need:
- 2-3 Ripe bananas
- Splash of Almond milk or Soy milk for desired consistency
- 2 Tbsp Natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup Dark Chocolate Chunks from Wholesome or Dark Chocolate Medley
- Peel and cut bananas into 1 inch pieces
- Transfer banana chunks into a freezable bag or container. Freeze for at least 2 hours
- Add frozen banana chunks to a blender or food processor
- Add peanut butter. Begin to blend until smooth
- You may need to add some Almond milk to help along the process
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container
- Top with a ¼ cup of Second Natures chocolate pieces from one of your favorite medleys.
- Return to freezer for 1 hour. Scoop it up and enjoy!
The best part about this recipe? It’s totally customizable. Instead of peanut butter, add frozen berries and top with chopped pistachios. The possibilities are endless!