Makes 6 – 8 large muffins or 1 dozen small muffins.
What can we say, we love muffins! Especially when they have chocolate in them. And dried cherries and cranberries. Aaand crunchy almonds, cashews and peanuts. Lucky for us, our Wholesome Medley has all of these tasty ingredients in one bag!
For the batter you will need:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Whole milk
- 1 cup Second Nature Snacks Wholesome Medley
For the topping:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a muffin tray with baking cups.
- To make the batter, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Add egg and oil to a liquid measuring cup and add enough milk to reach the 1 cup measuring line.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined. Fold in trail mix and scoop into muffin tins.
- To make topping, use hands or a fork to crumble butter into sugar and flour. Divide between muffins equally.
- Bake for 17 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.